One of the most important decisions you will make as a parent is the choice of early childhood programs. It is important that you make this decision only after careful consideration and research. You are entering into a partnership with your child care provider, and the relationship will significantly impact the quality of life of your family.
Growing Room early childhood recommendations include the following:
• Visit the center unannounced twice before making your decision.
• Spend time talking with Director about your ideas and concerns about how child care will impact your child. Ask for suggestions on making a smooth transition for your child.
• Visit your child’s new class and meet the teachers. Are they warm and loving with the children? Are the teachers speaking to the children in a positive, respectful manner? Do the teachers create a happy environment for the children? Are the teachers providing adequate supervision?
• If you are looking for infant care, ask if your child will have a consistent, primary caregiver?
• Are the classrooms and center clean and safe? Are there strict health and safety policies for diapering and hand washing? Does the center have an on-site health care professional who assists with staff training and monitoring?
• Review the early childhood curriculum. Is it appropriate for your child? Does it promote the children’s self-esteem? Will it prepare your child for Kindergarten?
• Review parent communication procedures. Does your child’s class have a parent communication board that tells you about upcoming events? Will you receive a daily note from the teacher telling you about the day (eating, sleeping, etc)? Does the center offer periodic parent –teacher conferences?
• Are the classroom child to staff ratios within the state-approved guidelines?
• Does the center have good security screening at the front entrance as well as throughout the building?
• Are parents permitted access at all times?
• Does the center promote parent participation within the program? How?
After you’ve visited the center, speak with parents of children currently enrolled in the program. Ask them about their experiences, both positive and negative.
After you have completed the above, it may be time for you to make your decision.
We hope you decide to choose Growing Room as your family’s child care partner.
To enroll in one of our Columbus GA. centers, please call our Enrollment/Business Office at 706-596-1510 or you may click here to inquire online. Our Corporate Office can advise you on the availability of classroom slots, available start dates, and assist with any other enrollment questions.
Should you wish to enroll at our Auburn, Al. franchised center, please contact Laura Smith at 334-501-2044 or email her at email@example.com.
Should you wish to enroll at our Tallahassee FL. . franchised centers, please contact Catherine Lee at 850-668-4769 or 850-668-GROW or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.